- You must be younger than 50.
- You must have vocational English or better.
- You must go for Skill Assessment to meet Australian standards for your “Nominated Occupation”.Which must be found in the Skilled Occupations List?
- Must obtain the pass mark of 80 under Skilled Points Test
- Must apply via SKILL SELECT, an online selection system based on points, wait for DIAC to invite You to apply BEFORE lodging the visa applications
- Points are given based on age. Qualifications, IELTS level, work experience (up to 8 years max), Aust degree. Aust regional study. state sponsorship. Aust Relative. Spouse qualifications etc.
- 2 main categories
- Permanent Residence visa (PR – independent or state sponsored). or
- Temporary Residence Visa (TR) which leads to PR after fulfilling stay and work conditions
(Relative or state sponsored)